Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
This recipe is crazy simple and a must try! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Pair it with a crisp, fresh, salad and you’re all set!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Slow Cooker (I like this Hamilton Beach one)
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 24 oz. Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce (Any flavor is fine. I happen to prefer spicy.)
- Two to three garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Sara Lee Artesano Buns, or whatever you prefer
- Half or quarter the chicken breasts (this helps them cook quicker and absorb more flavor).
- Combine 18 oz. of the BBQ sauce, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, and red pepper flakes into a bowl.
- Add chicken and mixture to slow cooker.
- Stir it all around, but do your best to have the chicken lay flat on the bottom (not on top of one another) when you’re done – this will ensure everything cooks evenly. You can never be too careful with chicken.
- Set to low for 5 hours or high for 4 hours. (I prefer to cook low for 4 hours then high for 2 hours, but you do whatever works for you). Each slow cooker is a little different. You’ll know they’re done when you try to stab them with a fork to pick them up but the slip right off.
- Using a fork, shred the chicken
- You can either toast/warm the buns then add the chicken or – What I do is take how ever much shredded chicken I’ll be using right then, put it in a bowl with some more BBQ sauce, stir it up, then put it on the bread. You can add cheese if you want also. (It kind of becomes a BBQ chicken sloppy joe).
*** Though there are links here, nothing is sponsored. For sponsored posts or reviews please reach out via email and we’ll get in touch. Thanks!